Thursday, July 12, 2012

Another Shameless Repost

Tilly, over at Tilly and the Buttons has posted a unique take on sewing with quilting cottons. I love quilting cottons and have browsed and browsed the endless shelves of them at the local sewing/craft stores, but I've never bought any. First, they seem too narrow for the full-skirted dresses I have been making lately, and second, I was unsure of how they would make up...all that print on my pudgey little body? But I am emboldened by Tilly's post and tomorrow there is a serendipitous visit to JoAnn's scheduled with some sewing friends (preceeded by lunch, of course) and I've been drooling over fabric on the internet. I am trying to do a fabric fast, but I don't have a lot of hope that I'll last very long. Fashion Fabrics Club has a huge sale, as does Gorgeous Fabrics, Fabric.com, and Michael's. So much fabric, so little budget!!!

No comments: