Friday, May 3, 2013

So, I'm redoing the master bath

One my my passions is to renovate homes.  I've made some fairly good money at it in my time, too.  Any house I live in usually has a project going on, and right now it's my master bath.  It's been torn down to the studs and I've found a new vanity to be installed.  I am awaiting quotes from a couple of guys who have been over to take a look, and I like one of them very much.  I'm attracted to contractors who have ideas of their own and don't just take notes.  The bathroom is being expanded into a large closet that backed up to the old shower.  Now that closet will become the new, very large shower.  I've decided that white tile is timeless, so the shower and floor will be white porcelain tile that looks like marble...I think.  The vanity, in contrast, is dark wood with a black granite top in an Empire style.  My personal taste is contemporary with a little eclectic thrown in, so this fits right in.  Pinterest is very helpful to me right now....I'm collecting ideas!





No comments: